Monday, February 28, 2005

Crappy Monday

I am an animal person. I have not been without animals in my house for longer than I can remember. My sweet, near-toothless old cat Homer was found to have less than no kidney function today. (Expletive deleted). Our very kind vet gave him some fluids and sent him home for the night so that we could say goodbye to him and let Marion be with him for a bit, but tomorrow I have to take him back. I have only had to do this once before, and it SUCKS. I haven't been cat-less in 16 years, and I am NOT looking forward to it. He's a black and white tuxedo cat with big green eyes that look like grapes. He snores. He's one of the mellowest cats I've ever had. He's always been great with Marion, even when she was tiny and didn't know that tails and whiskers weren't really for pulling. He's gotten along with every other pet we've had and generally been a big, wonderful guy and I'm going to miss him terribly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh- Katy-. I'm so sorry! I can't imagine having to put a pet to sleep, but I know the feeling of losing one! I'm thinking about you!

Your Secret Pal

kt said...

Dear Pal,

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. It was a rough week. Glad it's over.