Saturday, March 29, 2008

NW weekend

Friday was nice. All day eyeball-seminar at a downtown conference center on the water. Lovely views, but more than that, good lecturers speaking on interesting topics. One spectacular standout; an local ocularist who makes prosthetic eyes. A tall, well-spoken redhead--I'm predictable, yes? Or perhaps I should say consistent. Love me a redhead, especially a smart one.

Also got to have lunch with a friend from Arizona. It was such a delight to spend some time catching up with her. As we finished our tiny petit-four style desserts and sipped coffee, it began to snow. Later the sun came out and I had a breeze of a drive home with NO Friday-style traffic snarls.

M was visiting a new neighborhood friend when I arrived home. She stayed there for dinner and Mr. Smartypants and I walked over to pick her up later in the evening. Spent about an hour chatting with her friend's folks--very nice people.

This morning, M on the computer and S whipping through a crossword puzzle, I sat on the couch under a blankie and sipped coffee. Out in the backyard, I noted another new acquaintance:


Dark-eyed Junco ("Oregon Junco")

Courtesy of e-nature

M and I took Spot to Marymoor Park today--huge leash-free park with fields and paths and mud puddles. Great fun.

Tomorrow I'm going to find yarn for Boogie. I think it's wise to cut my teeth on a vest before I attempt the lovely Katarina. More on that when I have something else to show and tell!

It snowed again about an hour ago, but I don't know if it'll stick. I'll try to get pictures in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'all have had a ridiculous amount of snow!