Monday, August 07, 2006

Now we are 44

Yesterday was delightful. Marion presented me with this treasure: a dish of stones, smooth shell bits and agates she found while beachcombing in Oregon:

(Blogger has posted half the photos I wanted--will add this one in as soon as Blogger pulls it's head from it's arse.)


We helped S with a job, got lots of yummy stuff to nosh and beautiful flowers at AJ's (posh local grocery),


then M and I wandered the thinning aisles of Craftmart (yes, 50% off now, but A) Heather was right, they've marked up so as not to go broke marking down, and B) only have novelty yarns left, so no yarn purchased) and I did get a few other crafty bits and bobs--







felting needles, fabric, rubber stamps, and this neat little guy:

















We went out for dinner with my in-laws and then had them over for birthday apple pie (a first for me--none of the cakes looked right) with amazing Italian gelato. Go there on the weekends for the pistachio and the Vesuvio. Mmmmmm.

Today, I got home from work and found a BIG package waiting for me....




I didn't have enough patience to take a picture before I opened it, but here's what was inside: 2 skeins of Mission Falls superwash Merino (YUM!), A couple of great-looking patterns, beautiful beads (which may find their way into something jewelry-ish made with wire and some of the agates Marion gave me), some sunflower seeds (package already opened and half-empty as of this writing), and some truly sumptuous bamboo yarn from Southwest Trading in a very earthy/sexy brown/green/blue colourway. All this courtesy of the superb Swim Mom herself--Thanks Mindy! You really have me pegged, lady!

4 comments:

Martina said...

Happy 44th! Apple birthday Pie sounds real good!

Mindy said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your gift. Apple pie sounds like a better deal than cake to me.

Heather said...

Happiest birthday!! I hope it was a wonderful day.

MandellaUK said...

Aaaargh! I missed your birthday, despite having it written on my calendar. Grovel :sob: will I ever be forgiven?

It seems as if you had a wonderful day, without me. I hope there are many, many more!