Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday again???

Yep, I'm afraid so. Allergies are attacking the females in our house; M and I are coughing, sneezing and sniffling up a storm. I'm still poking away at the baby blanket, but it's not really getting anywhere fast. Have switched my usual anniversary gift this year...Most times, I go out to the Boyce-Thompson arboretum with my sweetie and childie and buy lots of plants, but this year, I'm asking for a trip to my LYS for supplies for the French Market Bag featured in Knitty. (Sorry, I don't have the link thing down yet). If it works, it'll be the first thing I've made for me! And felted, too. Hmm, maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew... we'll see.

Work is ugly. I promised Seth I'd spend some time looking into Canadian immigration, and I almost have enough points to make it as a Skilled Worker. I just have to wrangle up a job offer and we should be able to go. My fab in-laws want to come, too, and we know folks with land outside Vancouver, so maybe I'll have a Canadian blog going sometime in the future! I LOVE what I've seen of Canada and also have found Canadian people to be delightful. We watch "The National" almost nightly for REAL news instead of the sensationalist garbage that we get fed in the US. And if Skippy starts up the draft, as it seems he will, I'm ready to go if Canada will have me/us.

Anyhow. Not much else to relate. The dog got a good haircut recently, so he doesn't have ptarmigan feet right now. I still miss my cat, but I'm not quite ready to bring another one home right now. Worked in the yard a bit this weekend, and I may even get some honeysuckle blooms this summer since we've had so much rain. That'd be nice. The wildflowers out front are starting to fade, and I've got to collect some of the lupine seed for next fall. Cleaning up in the summer is such a chore, but I really love the yard in spring (see earlier photos).

No comments: