Monday, September 11, 2006

The Party's Over...


Here is the doomed sock. The cuff is a bit wonky, I know I goofed up the short-row wraps on the heel, and looking at it now, I can see the little ladders from the placement of my needles. Love the yarn, but the pattern didn't work.







Marion did the honors of removing the needles....



And this is sans heel and foot....



Look! A Rockette-in-training! Naught but the cuff remains...



And here is the delightful yarn, happy to be restored to it's un-socked form, ready and rarin' to meet it's next challenge with me, Novice Sock Gal, at the needles.



With this sweet little face, we bring to a close the first-ever
"Why Not? Frog-Along". Thanks to everyone who participated and left comments--I'll try to track down everybody's work and link to each blog so that you can all enjoy each others unraveling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the scene-by-scene! Thanks for the inspiration!

MandellaUK said...

Well, it gave me quite a start seeing the twin to mine being unravelled. Strange coincidence, that!

Let's do it again next year. There are bound to be more unworthy projects to deal with by then. If I could only get to my knitting I bet I could have unearthed another two or three.

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics on this blog. What a cute family and the frogs are a special addition. :-)Keep up the great work Katy and see you at the salt mines.

Your friend :-)

Linda said...

Oh no...I missed the frog along! I have got quite a few things I could have done.
Never mind...let me know if you have another!

jpknits said...

Thanks again for the frog-along - cute pictures. I've FINALLY posted my spare set.