I have returned from the wilds of the Pacific Northwest, and it looks as though we may actually be headed in that direction! YIKES! Have been told that the final job offer will be made to me on Monday. OMG.
I have photos which I'll put up later, and will tell you for a damn solid fact that KT is as cool as her blog makes you think that she is. Emily will back me up on that one, right Em? Thanks for all the hookups, KT, you are beyond magnificent.
Will post more about all this soon, maybe even this weekend, but I think I need a nap.
Meantime, here's the meme sent to me by both Della and my Maresedoats. Thanks to both of you, this is a fun one!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real--I love to just sit in the room with it and inhale.
3. When do you put up the tree? A few days before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? Early to mid-Jan.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! Homemade is best, of course, but a stiff shot of rum and some fresh nutmeg on top makes even the grocery store stuff imbibable.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A taxidermy-d iguana. Story another time.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My folks made and painted it before I was born.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My redhead.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My aunt-in-law, but Miss M's a snap, too.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't recall.
12. Favorite Christmas movie Charlie Brown Christmas. That Vince Guaraldi music gets me every year.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sporadically through the year, intently in Nov.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh my, yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The cookies that Seth makes called Little Nut Balls.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Santa Claus is Comin' To Town, but only when it's Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band doing it. Hands down best ever.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home for the actual day, but travel before and after is great.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Star. One that Seth made for me from pipe cleaners and tinfoil back when I was living alone and had a wee, tiny tree. He threatens to ditch it every year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Having to work which allows less time for crafting and decorating and baking!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? The juxtaposition of old and new.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Tamales!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I have no idea!
Have a Happy Christmas!