Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hi, hello, How are you?

Here's the news:

I'm working on Branching Out, with the beautiful variegated blue/green/brown soy silk yarn that Mindy gifted me in the birthday swap last summer. I'm getting used to the pattern, but thinking it may be better in a solid color. Also have started a small feather-and-fan scarf for a very dear 93-year-old friend of mine in the same yarn, and it's looking REALLY nice.

It's really cold here! All the overly-warm temps back east seem to be what we should have, but I'm not complaining. I just went out and covered some of the plants as it's to get to freezing tonight. Hopefully we get a bit of snow up north and we can take a short trip up to play.

Work is unchanged--chaos on roller skates with the hair on fire. Nothing new.

Della is hope from hospital! Yay!

Marion and I took Spot to the park earlier and I was terribly pleased with how angry she got at the sight of the litter strewn round by sloppy soccer-families. The park is a big irrigation area (read sunken a bit below street level--common in AZ) and on the weekends during the day, there are always 6 or 7 pee-wee football or soccer games going on. We happened to be replenishing the "dog-poo-bag" station with our grocery store plastic bags, and when Marion spied all the rubbish, she was infuriated and stomped around, growling, "I'm TOTALLY cleaning this up!" And we did.

I had to buy smaller jeans. Thanks Goodwill! (And the wool sweaters for felting were a steal, too!)

In-laws are still in possession of the camera and are cruising their way back to San Diego. They went through the Panama Canal a day or two ago.

My folks are getting closer to living closer--they have a hold on a cottage in a nearby retirement complex and are planning to be moving in very soon! Cool!

And I get to sleep in tomorrow. Hope your weekend is going as well as mine has.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Sleeping In Sunday! I bet it's nice (I'm up at 6, as usual, I am just broken that way).

I am glad about your Very Nice Weekend - it's hard to believe that it's freezing out that way!

MandellaUK said...

Yes, I'm home and back to plague you! Let me know how you get on with Branching Out - I've been thinking about trying it. Perhaps with that green yarn on my blog? I should have plenty left from the leaf lace shawl.

Bec said...

We're in midsummer here, so even thinking about knitting makes me hot - but your branching out pattern is so delicate it gets to be an exception!

monique said...

Hi Katy,

I haven't been able to use blogger for a couple of weeks. I don't know what was wrong with it! But I really hated it.

I'm glad to found out it's finally working again.
I will place your blog at my favourites tomorrow.