Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Honey, I'm home!

(Blogger won't let me post photos right now....ok, FINE)

Ok, here I am! The trip was wonderful, relaxing, stress-free and COOL!

Vancouver was as delightful as I recall it, and the people were just as kind, too. I love Canada. I speak Spanish pretty well, so I'm about ready to tackle French so's we can git on to the eastern parts of the Great White North as well.

The ship was wonderful. My hubby used to work for Holland America, and it was very interesting to see him go aboard as a passenger this time. He took the change quite well, and we were pleasantly surprised to find that the captain was someone he'd sailed with (and liked) before. He went fishing and two mid-size halibut are flying here as we speak. YUM.

The Inside Passage is just stunning. We had great views of the land all the way along, and the naturalist on board said that we were getting to go more slowly and see more than most ships he'd been on previously. I'd been lucky enough to take that same trip almost 10 years ago, and my memory served me well. It was just as gorgeous, and all the towns along the way (Ketchikan, which has a SUPERB yarn store, Juneau, Sitka, and especially Hoonah) were terrific.

My photos are none too good, but you can see them on my Flickr set. For anyone who wants truly spectacular Alaskan vacation photos, may I please send you post haste to Siri's blog? You will not be disappointed.

Anyhow, the return to the heat and the mountains of laundry (both clean and not) have slowed my blogging return, and we may well pop out of town for a few days this weekend, so fear not iffen youse don't hear from me for a few days again. I am trying desperately to catch up on everybody's blogs, and falling far short. But oh well.

Talk more at you later.

2 comments:

Martina said...

Soumds like you had a great time. I can't wait to see the pictures! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Did you find Skeins in Juneau? That was a nice shop. Enjoyed the shop in Ketichican also - I scouted all of the stops on our cruise before we left! Didn't get to Sitka due to engine problems - is there a yarn shop there??

Glad you had a nice time!